Wednesday, May 4, 2011

OK, strong buy.

4:15pm: With the rather weak finish, both the healthy and unhealthy signals were on buys. As I alluded to earlier, this is a good sign. This will be the 21st time this has happened in 3 years...16 of the previous 20 have been winners within 3 days, half of them by at least 10% 3-6 days out! Let's see how it goes this time. The system is now 50% long. If we continue to go down, the 50% cash will be nice to have if we get another buy signal. Have a good evening and I'll see ya here tomorrow.

3:40p: SPY 135.17 or lower generates a buy signal.

11:20a: Well, so much for that bounce I mentioned yesterday... that is exactly why I need a system to guide me! :) Too bad we got a cover signal. Today is a different story. I mentioned yesterday (before I deleted it) that when my healthy and unhealthy signals are both saying "go long", it has an extremely high winning rate within 3 days (80%) and half of the winners have gained 10% in the 3-6 day timeframe. That is exactly what we have again today, which is why I say we're getting a strong buy signal. Yesterday, the signals didn't last until the close, and today we see why. But, let's see what today brings. Remember, big drops usually lead to big pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment