Thursday, March 28, 2013

JTS Sells. CCI short.

The JT Composite moves to a 50% short TNA position with the JTS selling it's long and moving to cash. With CCI short, the JT Comp is biasing toward the short side as well. I will maintain my 100% cash position. Thanks and have a great extended weekend. Happy Easter!

March sigs.....
Date JT Composite... XIV/TNAJ-TraderCCI
Feb 28 50% Short TNA20.13/78.23Cash Short
Mar 1 50% Short TNAHoldHold
Mar 4 50% Short TNAHoldShort
Mar 5 100% Short TNA21.49/82.71ShortHold
Mar 6 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Mar 7 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Mar 8 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Mar 11 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Mar 12 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Mar 13 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Mar 14 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Mar 15 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Mar 18 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Mar 19 50% Long XIV21.97/87.06LongCover
Mar 20 50% Long XIVHoldHold
Mar 21 50% Long XIVLongHold
Mar 22 50% Long XIVHoldHold
Mar 25 50% Long XIVHoldHold
Mar 26 100% Cash 23.48/88.90HoldShort
Mar 27 100% CashHoldHold
Mar 28 50% Short TNA23.31/44.48*SellHold
Mar 29 Closed... Happy Easter Weekend!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hold signals.

All signs continue to point to a dull market. The jt comp remains 100% cash. Same for my account.thx!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

CCI shorts.

The JTS will remain long, but the CCI is going short today.  With the 2 systems at odds, the JT Composite moves to a 100% cash position.  Nothing new for me, I will remain in cash for now.  Thanks!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Hold signals.

JT Composite remains 50% long.  CCI remains in cash while the JTS is long.  I'll exercise some more patience and wait for a 100% signal.  Thanks.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Hold signals.

Both systems are offering up hold signals today. This keeps the JTS long and the CCI sidelined in cash. That's where I'll be over the Thanks and enjoy the break. J

Thursday, March 21, 2013

50% Long XIV

JTS is firing off a fresh long signal, but the CCI is not ready to go long yet, but does cover it's short signal and heads to the sidelines. The moves the JT Composite to a 50% long XIV position. I will sit on my hands and continue to wait for a stronger (100%) signal. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

100% Cash

JTS will remain long, while the CCI is shorting this rally. This neutral setup will move the JT Composite to a 100% cash position. I will remain cash as well. Thanks! J

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

50% Long XIV

First, the CCI will cover the short position and head to cash. That much I know. The JTS is dependent on SPY's closing price. The critical level is SPY 154.86. Any close higher than that will keep the JTS short. A close equal to or below 154.86 will produce a buy signal. (The lower, the better!!) This combo would flip the JT Composite to 50% long XIV. In such a case, I will ditch all my shorts (for another loss...don't fight the fed?) but I will not purchase XIV just yet until the CCI gives me the go ahead. That could occur as early as tomorrow, especially if tomorrow (a generally bullish fed day) finishes in the red. Thanks and good luck! (a lot of parentheses today! :)

Monday, March 18, 2013

Hold shorts.

Both JTS and CCI remain short. I will continue to hold my tza. Thanks!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Hold shorts.

No signal changes today.  I will remain 90% long TZA and hope weakness ensues early next week.  Thanks and have a good weekend.

Thursday, March 14, 2013


New day, same old stuff. My TZA continues to take a beating while I sit here and cringe when I look at my account value dwindling as well. I will continue to hold, however, in hopes that a top is near. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Still short...

Nothing new again. All systems remain short. The JTS is triggering another short signal today, so we have that going for us. Little consolation, I know. This market is never going down again... TZA is going to 0.01 by the end of the month. No, wait, it's going to reverse split up to 0.04. See ya tomorrow! J

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hold shorts.

The rather dull action today keeps all systems short. I will maintain my large TZA position. Thanks!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Hold signals.

All systems and I remain short. Thx!

Friday, March 8, 2013


The JTS is producing another (meaningless??) short signal, as is the CCI system.  Not that it matters to me since I'm not getting any shorter than I already am.  For anyone with money laying around, it may be a good time to short.  But I should mention, you'd have to be a little loony to do so...

I'm off to enjoy a drink and my weekend.  Hope you have a pleasant one.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Still short.

FWIW, the JTS is generating a 2nd short signal today.  While history has proven that a 2nd short signal is almost always profitable, I am not very hopeful.  Employment day tomorrow brings with it the possibility of some volatility, but the way things are going any significant moves will probably be huge to the upside.   Looks like patience is required.  I'm hanging in there....90% long TZA. 


Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Holding shorts.

All systems remain short today. I bought more TZA on the open as promised at 9.95.  I'm now long an insane amount (~90%) TZA so this market better pullback and soon.


Tuesday, March 5, 2013

JT Comp 100% short TNA

JTS produces its first short signal in almost a month.  With the CCI already short, the JT Comp moves to 100% short TNA.  I will add to my 33% tza position and take it up to ~75%, saving some in cash in case we get a gap up tomorrow morning, in which case I will buy even more.   Thanks and good luck!

Monday, March 4, 2013

CCI shorting again...

The CCI is already short, but it keeps firing off short signals for various other conditions/rules being met.  I'm interpreting this as a fairly robust signal, therefore I'm going to take a 33% short position on the close.  Officially, the JTS will remain sidelined and the JT Comp will remain 50% short.   I'll be purchasing a 1/3rd lot of TZA.  Thanks!

Friday, March 1, 2013

50% short tna

All systems hold today. Jt comp remains half short. Ill remain in cash. Have a great weekend.

edit: hike = hold (dumbphone...)