Friday, June 28, 2013

Hold shorts.

Things were looking good this morning, but apparently we are back into the "buy the dip" mode.  Both JTS and CCI will remain short.  I will hold my 90% short position (60% TZA, 30% UVXY) and 10% cash. 

Thanks! June sigs...
Date JT Composite... XIV/TNAJ-TraderCCI
May 31 100% CashShort Long
Jun 3 100% CashHoldHold
Jun 4 50% Long XIV 22.23/48.39Cover Hold
Jun 5 50% Long XIVHoldHold
Jun 6 50% Long XIVHoldHold
Jun 7 100% Cash22.48/49.05ShortHold
Jun 10 100% Short TNA 22.72/49.97HoldShort
Jun 11 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Jun 12 100% Cash20.00/46.95HoldLong
Jun 13 50% Short TNA20.94/49.41HoldSell
Jun 14 50% Short TNAHoldHold
Jun 17 100% Short TNA20.77/49.21HoldShort
Jun 18 100% Short TNAShortShort
Jun 19 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Jun 20 50% Long TNA 18.48/45.19CoverLong
Jun 21 50% Long TNAHoldHold
Jun 24 50% Long TNAHoldHold
Jun 25 50% Long TNAHoldHold
Jun 26 50% Short TNA19.11/45.68ShortSell
Jun 27 100% Short TNA19.86/47.81ShortShort
Jun 28 100% Short TNAHoldHold
Jul 1 100% Short TNAHoldHold

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Flashing shorts!

It's one of those days for my systems.  Short signals coming from all directions!  Time to load up the truck.  JTS is generating a very robust (2nd) short signal.  CCI is flipping to short as well.  JT Comp moves to 100% Short TNA.  I'm opening a large position in TZA.  May even grab some UVXY to "diversify". :)  Take care. J

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

50% Short TNA

JTS flips to a short signal.  CCI sells its long position and heads to sidelines.  This pushes the JT Composite into a 50% short TNA position.  VIX futures are back in contango which changes the preferred short ETF from VXX back to small caps.  

I'll wait until the CCI gives a short signal (possibly tomorrow if we keep going up) before shorting.  Thanks!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hold signals.

Nothing new today.  CCI remains long and JTS remains sidelined.  JT Comp holds the 50% TNA for another day.  I'm still waiting patiently for my next move.  Thanks!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Hold @ 50% TNA

JTS is not interested in going long yet.  However, the CCI is giving a fresh buy signal.  With the systems in disagreement, I will maintain my cash position. This is fine w/ me as I think lower prices are in our near future. 

Friday, June 21, 2013

Hold signals.

JTS will remain in cash while CCI will hold it's long position.  JT Comp remains 50% Long TNA over the weekend.  I'm sidelined.  Have a good one!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

50% Long XIV TNA (edited )

Sold out of my shorts too soon this morning. At the time, I knew TZA would go higher and yet I ignored this knowledge in favor of some profit taking. Trading is very tricky and plays games with your head.

Very pleased to see both systems nail this move. But now the mean-reversion happy system otherwise known as the CCI is going long today. The superior JTS is not and will instead offer up a "cover" signal and head to the sidelines. So the JT Composite flips to 50% long XIV. Despite the 20%+ spike in the VIX, futures remain in a weak state of contango (just barely) thus the XIV for the long trade. If I were taking a long trade on the close, I would personally opt for TNA but that's just me. I'll be sitting this one out in cash. Another down day tomorrow would almost certainly flip the JTS long but I'm getting ahead of myself. Sit back, grab some popcorn and relax in cash for now. Take care and congrats to all the shorts!

 Edit: Vix futs slipped into backwardation after my post. System will use TNA rather than XIV for this long position. Thx.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hold signals...

All systems remain short. I'll continue to hold my 90% TZA position. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Short signals

I'm seeing short signals flashing from every possible angle of each system. I'm increasing to 90% TZA today and will go 100% short on any FOMC strength tomorrow. Thanks!

Monday, June 17, 2013

100% short tna

The CCI joins the JTS on the short side today sending the JT Comp to 100% short TNA. I will take a decent sized short position around 75%. Thx!

Friday, June 14, 2013

hold signals

Jt comp remains 50% short. Thx! Have a good weekend.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

50% short

Cci sells its long position and moves to sidelines. Jts remains short. Jt comp moves to 50% short tna. I will stay on sidelines. Thx.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

100% Cash. CCI Longs...

JTS remains short but CCI is going long. JT Composite moves to 100% Cash. I will sell my TZA and head to sidelines. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

100% short

All systems remain short. I'll hold my tza. Thx!

Monday, June 10, 2013

CCI shorts. JT Comp 100% Short TNA!

CCI joins the JTS on the short side. JT Comp moves to 100% Short TNA on the close. I will be taking a partial TZA position as well. Thanks!

Friday, June 7, 2013

JTS Shorts

Jts moves to a short signal but cci remains long. Neutral. Jt comp moves back to cash which is where I'll stay. I'm on vaca next week but I'll try to get signals posted on time. Thx! Good weekend.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hold signals

Jt comp remains 50% xiv w cci long and jts in cash. I'm sidelined. Thx!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

No changes.

JTS has flipped to unhealthy mode and will remain in cash today.  CCI keeps holding out for a mean reversion play to the upside.  JT Comp remains 50% long XIV.  I will stay on the sidelines for now.  Thanks.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

50% Long XIV (JTS Covers!)

After what seems like forever in the trading world, JTS finally covers the short position and heads to cash.  CCI remains long.  This configuration places the JT Comp in a 50% long XIV position.  I will remain in cash for a couple reasons:  I'm only following 100% signals and 2, I'm not sure this pullback is finished yet.   Will wait and see... Thanks and best wishes.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Hold signals.

CCI stays long, but the JTS won't flip long today (stays short).  JT Composite remains in cash.  I ditched my TZA today on weakness and I'm back once again to following the JT Comp.  I'll wait on the sidelines until the next 100% signal.  Thanks all.