Wednesday, September 5, 2012

CCI Sells. JT Comp to 100% cash.

We saw the JTS move to cash yesterday, now the CCI is following suit. The JTrader Composite system moves to 100% cash on the close today. So far, so good with XIV. See ya back here tomorrow. Thanks.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the updates and your continued success in evolving your system! I'm excited about the potential of all the new integrations. I missed this last XIV trade because I was already invested in TNA, but I'll be sure to catch the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put on some more short futs today above yesterday's HOD on the Rut... getting set for a down September. Other than that, wow, what a narrow ranged day it was today. None of my daytrading systems triggered -- that's unusually small range. Things will open up more next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda wish I would have stayed in my XIV...

    ReplyDelete
  4. RMI,

    Like I've said many times in the past, I'm not good enough a discretionary trader to improve on the odds of a good system such as J's. In fact, I can't even come close. So, I don't listen to my own advice and, I must say, such deafness has been very kind to me.

    But if you want some insights, here's someone who seems to know what he's talking about: http://youtu.be/8bS0NpJrV88.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondering if you're system(s) are screaming "Short!" here with such a strong move up this morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not cashing in on this move is almost as bad as losing money. *sigh* Very disappointed I sold XIV yesterday.

    As for shorting on the close, I haven't fired up the numbers yet but I bet we'll get at least a half-short signal. I'll go take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok looks like the CCI system is definitely going short today. The JTS will not short due to the strength. (Perhaps tomorrow but not today...)

    So the JT Composite will likely be going half short on the close. For those not familiar, the CCI can often be a day early. Personally, I'll be staying in cash overnight and will be sitting on my hands until tomorrow. I'll make a decision what to do then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J, you might consider this in your decision: http://overnightedges.com/572/overnight-overview-a-potential-setup-suggesting-a-gap-down-friday/

      Delete
  8. OvernightEdges sent out two emails... one saying gap up, the other saying gap-down open for tomorrow (Friday). I guess that's one way to always be able to say to your readers the next day, "See, I was right!".

    ReplyDelete
  9. To be fair to them, you're referring to two different systems. It's not unusual for two system to have different "interpretations" of the market (for example, the J-Trader and the CCI systems frequently disagree).

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Frequently" is a strong word...

    ReplyDelete