Friday, April 8, 2011

Buy confirmed

830pm:  I could've lived without the pop at the end of the day, but the buy signal held on.. barely... I covered all my shorts and took a 50% long position & 50% cash.  The average price of the system's short position was TNA 79.71 back in March. So the loss was pretty substantial (-9.85%), but not as bad as it could've been I suppose.  I will have a system update post this weekend describing a new technique for determining the health of the market, and thus better identifying which code to use for calculating signals. Going forward, I think this will be a significant improvement.  I'm excited to see how it works.  Backtesting shows vastly superior results versus the previous method.  More details this weekend.  Hope you enjoy yours.

3pm:  Our entry price keeps getting better and better.   Loss on my short position is shrinking as well.  Buy signal is even stronger.  Just a few points away from my 1320 target. 

2pm: Still a solid buy. 

11:20am:  If the market closed right now, we'd be looking at a buy signal.  I'm not sure if it will last but I'll update prior to the close.

No comments:

Post a Comment